Friday 10 July 2009

To reply or not to reply that is the question.

So what do you all do? When you get that grotty email sitting in your email box. Are you big enough to ignore it or do you like me, stew over it all morning, steaming from the ears one minute, guzzlling chocolate in self pity the next. So there it was, in front of me, an email from a could be customer or not.

Hi. Im emailing you to ask if you don't think the jewellery on your website is a bit expensive for what it is. I've seen other jewelry sites selling bead necklaces and they dont charge as much as you. I really like some of the things on there but think the prices are to high so I cant buy them. Is it possible to go on a mailing list for when you have a sale.

Yours *********

So I ate more chocolate then I wrote this.

Dear *********
I've just finished a bracelet tonight that has 4 metres of fine silver wire (which is 99.9% silver and more expensive than sterling which is 925%) which I made all my head pins out of and used to wire wrap over 200 handmade beads, swarvoski crystals and amethyst chips onto a sterling silver charm bracelet with a Karen Hill Tribe silver toggle clasp. If I counted up the cost of materials and charged only the minimum wage that a 16 year old would get working in Asda stacking shelves I would have to charge over £100 for it. As it is I'll end up charging £45 for it and it will sit in my shop for months until someone takes a shine to it. Its fucking hard work this make you're own stuff lark and sometimes I really don't know why I bother other than I enjoy doing it. At least you like my work which I feel is a step in the right direction.

Yours
Kate Francis.

I don't have a reply yet, maybe she's stewing in her own lovlieness

1 comment:

sharon said...

I love it, keep answering the shits in the same way. xx