Thursday 6 March 2008

Crikey, a weeks slipped by, where have I been. Well I obviously didn't get the job, not heard a dicky bird, didn't like my dress sense I presume. Have stopped hounding the postman, something he looks relieved about, he was beginning to hesitate behind the privit hedge then dash past the wrought iron gate while I stood behind the front door ready to grab whatever he had the nerve to push through the brass letterbox. Talking of post, why is it that you can wait in all day but still miss the vital package that you are waiting for because you dared to go to the loo. Your desperate, you've been sitting around all morning waiting, you can't finish this job that needs to go out today with out that package so you sit in the kitchen, the front door in full view, and that third cup of coffee just starts to tickle your bladder and you can't put it off any longer so you race upstairs, it wont take a minute, trousers down, and as soon as you sit the bloody doorbell rings. You know its him, but you're in mid flow, you've been holding it in for the past hour, and with the best will in the world and a lack of pelvic floor excersise and two babies you cannot stop it mid flow, so quick as you can you pull the chain, come out of the loo and there it is, you can see it from the landing, the orange and white card laying on the mat. 'We're sorry you were out when we called' I was in the flipping toilet. I jump up and down, screaming,m open the front door and theres a streak of red van racing up the road. Well thats that, the card says I can't go and collect it till tomorow. Why does that happen, how long do they actually stay on your doorstep, do the write the note out before they ring on the doorbell, should I have left a chair and a note saying 'please take a seat, I'm in the toilet'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

lol, thats so me!!!!!!