Tuesday 11 March 2008

Foxes in Soxes


'You'll never believe this, someones nicked one of my boots out of the porch' is the clean version of PS's good morning darling how are you today. 'Uhhh' is my reply as I struggle out of the arms of Morpheus and back into the bedroom. He's standing there waving a singular boot in the air. Fury leaping from him as he announces that he can't go to work with one boot, (they're steel toe capped and a requisite of the job) he'll lose a days pay and will have to buy a new pair of boots, to boot, actually he didn't put the to boot on the end, I just did.

So there we are, PS, although the boot has been found in next doors front garden has gone back to bed since the boot was doing a good impression of wet sheep so unwearable and said boot is now standing on the radiator to dry. I might as well get up, now I'm wide awake. Breakfast eaten, uniforms ironed and on and I'm yelling at the kids to get their coats and shoes on as I finish the packed lunches. So where are their shoes, Joe has one, Abbie has one, Abbie has one plimpsol, Joe has one trainer, no pink suede boots, but there is a pair of beach sandals of Joes. None of mine are missing Huh! It appears that the thief has stolen one of nearly every shoe and both Abbies pink suede boots. None of mine, I was too lazy to put mine in the porch, mine were in the living room, safe. Foxes, they're the thieves. PS is raving about the porch door being left open and why did't anyone shut it. Well I'm not telling him, but I wasn't last in last night.

Its a quarter to 9 and I'm sitting in traffic on my way to our local Asda to buy shoes so the children can go to school. I'm not buy expensive ones, they'll have to have what I can get. Abbie finds a pair almost instantly and Joe takes half an hour walking up and down, deciding between styles, this one pinches, that one looks weird. £35 later I drop them both at school fully clothed and shod.

That was yesterday and today the site where PS is working there is an undercurrent wafting around about foxes hopping around our village in one steel toe capped boot. He is not amused.

Oh and when I got back from the shoe shopping trip there was a telephone message. I got the job (see previous post) Well would you believe it!!!

1 comment:

xxcatxx said...

I have just read your whole blog
and its great and made me smile lots your a natural writer
xxcatxx