Tuesday 10 June 2008

43 Seconds of Fame

Well thats it, I've done it, does that mean I'm famous, does it mean that I can put as heard on LBC. I hadn't intended it to be an advertising excersise, not really, I just thought people might be interested in what I do in my shed so I told them, on LBC radio yesterday. The subject, 'Can a shed keep your marriage happy', or something like that. Well mine keeps me happy and if I'm happy, well you know the rest.....

So anyway, there I am sitting at my desk, wiring beads onto a charm bracelet when my hand lifts the phone. I know the number, its written on the shed wall, Abbie phoned up once to cry at one of the producers for slamming cat lovers. She didn't get as far as the presenter, I think the girl answering the phone probably thought it was more than her jobs worth. So I ring up and this girl answers, and said she'd ring me back.

She wont ring me back, she never does, I mean she didn't last time when Abbie rang in tears about the cat hater presenter. Its half past three. The kids will be home soon, if she's going to ring she needs to ring now or I'll be speaking to her and the door bell will ring and the dog will start raving, she'll say she can't hear me and I'll get passed over. Open the door, thats it, then they wont have to ring the doorbell and the dog will only bark his hello a little bit. I can be upstairs, shut myself in the bedroom, then it will only be a muffled bark.

I need to go down to the shed, when the kids get in we've got to go to the post office and I need to pack some stuff up to post off. If I go down the shed, I can't answer the phone down there cause the reception isn't good and I'll get cut off. I'll run down there holding the phone then if it rings I can run back and answer it where the reception is good. I do that, grab padded envelopes and run back. Oh gawd, if she rings now I'll not be able to talk to her, she'll think I'm having an asthmatic attack and call me an ambulance and how will I explain it to them. Deep breaths and a glass of water, thats it, OOh got my breath back now. Better not drink too much don't want to be sitting on the loo chatting to her. Can people actually tell you're sitting on the loo when you're on the phone talking to them, must test that out one day. 'Hello, its me, yes me, where do you think I am, yes dear, yes, I'm in the toilet, can you tell'

The phone rings, 'Hello, yes I'll hold, yes I'll turn the radio off, yes thank you' Ages, sitting there, while Bert in South Ham is telling her about his potting shed, he's had it for 47 years, the year after they married, when the first baby came along. Did they have any more? yes they had 14 more. He didn't stay in his potting shed all the time then ha ha. The travel news, then it's me. A short introduction and there I am, I'm on. Jeni Barnett is lovely, she asked lovely questions and made me feel like I was chatting to a friend, she asked me how you make beads, I giggle, did I giggle too much, and then she asked me, whats the name of my business, YES!!! I give her the address as clearly as I can, www.perfectlygorgeous.com and then she launches into raptures of joy as she looks at the site and tells London how lovely it is and what beautiful beads. In fact she thinks its so lovely she's putting it on the LBC website, Fabulous. Did I say thank you, too many times. I can't tell you what I said or what she said exactly, cause I can't exactly remember.

And there it is, the link on the 'Blast I missed it' page on LBC Radio. So does that mean I can put as featured on LBC Radio on the site then. ha ha. I'll send Jeni a piece then you never know I might get another mention. lol.

No comments: