Monday 29 June 2009



See I just can't help it. I'm rubbish at this blog lark, one of you is going to have to poke me with a sharp pointy thing every now and then to remind me to get on with it.

So what have I been doing, well I've been making lots of beads, lots of disc beads to be exact, and Mexican beans, well I think they look like mexican beans, they certainly look mexican though thats not saying that all or indeed any Mexicans are orange of course. Its just a very summery set and if I ever got to go to Mexico which is very doubtful in todays financial climate, I'd wear it there. It reminds me of spicy kidney beans but flatter and in different colours, I'm just not selling it to you am I. How about the pink one. I love this, I have one in blue too. Its called Flamingo Fandango a fetching name for it I thought, thought up by a beady friend Tan, its blue brother is called Blue Lagoon. Ok so I'm rubbish at names too.

So why is it so hard to think up names for pieces. Do they need names, would a descriptive title suffice and indeed be better picked up by the search engine things. Is someone looking for a Tex Mex recipe going to be presented with a photo of my spicy Mexican beads instead of a photo of a bowl of steaming chilli. Is some poor school kid hunting for info on the habitat of the pink flamingo going to be landed with a photo Flamingo Fandango. Is it a nice suprise or a sad let down when someone finds my Citrus Swinger instead of what they were really looking for. What were they actually looking for anyway. Which reminds me of the time when the kids were toddlers and I put an ad in the local newsagents window advertising an ironing service to earn a bit of pin money and I got a phone call from some chap asking if I did spanking too. What was that all about, and would it have earned me more than ironing his shirts.

With that thought in mind, what about these names then, do we go for floaty arty names, girly names, modernistic names that baffle or just a descriptive name. Answers on a postcard please to the usual address.

See you in, well probably a month. xxx

No comments: